– Greetings at the airport.
– Transfer to Hotel
– From Airport to City Center 20-25 minute.
– Check-in at the hotel
– Overnight at the Hotel in Baku.
– A delicious breakfast at the Hotel
– Your Private Vehicle & Guide will pick you from Hotel for starting Baku City Tour. Firstly you will discover Panoramic View of Baku from the Highland Park which is the highest spot of Baku. From this Highest Point of the city, you will see the panorama of City of Lights, Baku which you will be able to see major buildings like, Flame Towers, TV Tower, Parliament Building, Building of AzTV Channel – ( AzTV is a state-controlled national television channel in Azerbaijan. It is the oldest television channel in the country, having first broadcast from Baku on 14 February 1956 in what was then the Azerbaijan Soviet Socialist Republic)Martyrs’ Lane, Chrystal Hall, National Flag Square and many more. You will walking through the Martyrs’ Lane to the stairs called “40 Stairs” where your driver will pick you up.
– You will proceed to the today`s program with Old City. Our Old City Walking Tour will start from Double Gates, you will be able to see the Chain, Sailor and Cat Houses, Bukhara & Multani Caravansarais, Juma Mosque, Maiden Tower which all of them have own interesting history. Guide will explain to you the history & etymology of this magic Old City. After taking pictures in front of the Maiden Tower you will proceed to Visit the Miniature Book Museum (if it is open), the biggest miniature book collection on the Earth that has a book which thickness of 0.75mm and consist of 22 Pages. Next Destination in the Old City will be the Shirvanshahs’ Palace, 15th-century palace built by the Shirvanshahs and described by UNESCO as “one of the pearls of Azerbaijan’s architecture”. It will definitely be up to you to choose to enter to Palace or not, depending on your interest. From the Palace you will be ending up in the Double Gates again.
– Then you will be on the Nizami Street. You will have 20 minutes to walk to see the beauty of the most central street of the Baku with full of shops and nice restaurants. You will also be able to see the Fountain Square full of magical fountains. Car again will pick you up from the Double gates to the Baku Boulevard.
– We will make Photo Stop on Heydar Aliyev Cultural Center, designed by Iraqi-British architect Zaha Hadid in 2012. An internationally recognized architectural work, the building of the Heydar Aliyev Cultural Center has become a signature landmark of modern Baku due to its innovative and cutting-edge design. Extending on eight floor levels, the center accommodates a 1000-seat auditorium, temporary exhibition spaces, a conference center, workshops, and a museum. Will take many photos with “I LOVE BAKU” stent
– Transfer to the Hotel
– Overnight at the Hotel in Baku.
– Have a delicious breakfast at the Hotel
– At 10:00 a.m. being ready to start today`s adventure, On the 3rd day, We will make our way north first along the Caspian Sea and then near the high Caucasus Mountains. We will stop for a look at the sacred site “Beshbarmaq”. In Guba, we visit the Red Village “(Qırmızı Qəsəbə), Across the Kudyal River from Quba is Red Town, the largest Mountain Jewish settlement in the former Soviet Union. Red Town is the only entirely Jewish settlement outside of Israel and the United States, and is the last surviving settlement. Mountain Jews have been settled in the Caucasus for thousands of years, though there are many different communities and resettlements. Mountain Jews have their own version of Judaism that combines the Old Testament with other traditional practices, as well as a bit of mysticism. They also speak their own language: Judeo-Tat or Juhuri, part of the Persian family. The ancient art of carpet weaving is still prevalent in this northeastern corner of the Caucasus region. We will continue our discovering with a carpet weaving factory, the World of Carpets Association. In this factory you will find the Master Weavers sitting in front of looms, hand crafting beautiful, pieces of art from naturally died wool and silks. The craft is still being done here, the same as it was hundreds of years ago. In the center of Guba, if we are lucky we can see the urban bazaar. You will rest your souls in amazing Gachrash Forest, Gachrash Village is 12 km far from the Guba City, The area of this village is covered with forest on all sides. Qechresh is famous for its natural springs and plants.The wild walnuts, hazelnuts, cranberry, hawthorn, hips, apples, pears and pine trees grown there. As for the animal world, the village is a home for gazelles, wolves, bears, foxes and other animals. It is also possible to catch fish in Gudjalchay, which gives a special beauty to the village.
– Drive back to Baku
– Overnight at the Hotel in Baku.
– After your good breakfast, Your tour will start with car picking up you from your hotel.
– Your first stop will be ancient Diri Baba Mausoleum which had been built in year 1402. The mausoleum was described in diaries of K. de Bryuin and A.Oleariy, and also in a work of B.Dorn. The mausoleum stands in a square located on a glyptic cliff. The building is two-storeyed. The first store has a hall covered with an ogive, which has a passageway to an octahedral cupola from a small vestibule. Stairs leading to the hall of the second store have been carved on the cliff. A spherical cupola with a pointed top has squinches decorated with plant ornaments.There is a fragment of a ligature, indicating a date – the year 1402, and also a part of the architect’s name – “…the son of ustad Haji” – in one of the squinches. Many legends and myths are connected to this place. Diri Baba mausoleum was decorated with a mosaic and effective ligature by a calligraphist called “Dervish”
– After the mausoleum you will have a stop in the Shamakhi City, at the Shamakhi Juma Mosque, a mosque that has been built in year 743 and is the one of the first mosques built in the territory of Azerbaijan. After Shamakhi Juma Mosque, you will visit to Yeddie Gumbaz (Seven Domes) – In fact only three of these desecrated octagonal royal tombs remain reasonably complete. They are the 18th-/early 19th-century mausolea of the khans of Shamakha. The last khan, Mustafa, had fled to his palace at Fitdag/Sulut to avoid the advancing Russians, but was finally buried here along with his ancestors. Some of the surrounding gravestones are much more ancient – as much as a millennium old. After this you will drive to Sheki.
– Sheki is one of the most ancient cities that habituated by people more than 2700 years in the southern slopes of the Greater Caucasian Mountains. Majority of architectural buildings that built between 16th-19th centuries were well preserved. For centuries Sheki was the center of silkworm breeding and silk production center and located on the silk road. Sheki city is also very famous for its very rich cuisine and sweets not only among the locals but tourists also. You can try a special Soup called “Piti” that cooked 8-9 hours, from night till morning with the significantly small amount of fire. You should definitely try Sheki sweets also like Sheki Baklava, Tel Halva, Bamiyehs and many more.
– Sheki Khans Palace – The Palace itself built in 1762 as a summer residence for the Khan (King) of Sheki. During the construction of the building, no single nails and glues were used. From inside, all the walls of the Palace are full of paintings which each painting has its own philosophical meaning. In the garden outside of the palace, you will discover 2 plane trees that both are 500 years old.
– Caravansarais (ancient hotels) – Sheki has 2 caravansarais that are called Upper & Lower Caravansarais both dating back to 18th centuries. Due to city’s location on the main trade road from the East to the West, Caravansarais were main resting and trading places of merchants who are passing from the city.
– Sheki Albanian Church. In the Kish Village of Sheki, you will visit an Albanian church that dates back to the 1st century AD. People of the North part of Azerbaijan were mainly Christians before Islam.
– Visiting to local bazaar in Sheki. Due to its very soft climate, the soil of Sheki is very good for different kinds of fruits and vegetables.
– Check-In at the hotel
– Overnight at the Hotel in Sheki.
Day 5. Sheki – Baku and Shopping Tour
– Breakfast at the Hotel in Sheki
– Check-Out from the hotel & drive to Baku
– In Baku, you will Start Shopping tour with Local Sweet Shop, Azerbaijan Brand: Aliahmad’S
– Continue with “Xurcun” dry fruits and sweets shop.
– After Baku mall drop off in Ganjlik Mall: Located in 10 minutes distance form city center with taxi. Ganjlik mall is the biggest Mall in Baku and contains over 80 stores, big bowling halls, the biggest movie halls, 3D cinema, Playground for children, Bravo supermarket, VIP restaurants, food courts
– Transfer to the Hotel
– Overnight in Baku
– After having breakfast at the Hotel, Check-out & transfer to the Heydar Aliyev International Airport which is on the list of world’s nine “5 stars” airports in accordance with the “Skytrax”.
5⋆ Rich Hotel, Baku & 5⋆ Sheki Saray Hotel, Sheki
5⋆ Intourist Hotel, Baku & 5⋆ Sheki Palace Hotel, Sheki
Note: Prices are Per Person in DBL Room
Phone: +994 50 791 91 17
E-mail: [email protected]